Welcome to my website! I hope you like it. Feel free to look all around…you may even find change under the couch cushions.
If There Was A News Show About Emily, This Stuff Would Be On It
- Ready Already Apple announced the iPad Mini and no one cared, except my friend Andrew Higley and me! Thanks to Paperweight Magazine, we wrote a funny lil song about how at least 103 people felt about this new-but-sorta-not-new device.
- Me Inappropriate? You beltcha! Mandatory Magazine’s 20 Inappropriately Hilarious Tweets for the week of October 5, 2012 includes me.
- Who’s Hot? ME! According to Nashville Lifestyles magazine’s 2012 Hot List issue, I am on of the Top Tweeters (of 9 people) in the city. I guess this disqualifies me for their “Most Beautiful People” issue, huh? Sigh…
- Someecards Put Me In A Happy Place So far this year, the popular Someecards.com’s Happy Place site has featured me in two of their “Tweet Picks: The Very Best Tweets We Had To Find” lists. I like to be on lists…except that “shit” one my mom’s always putting me on.
- Splitsiding Stuff Splitsider.com (a site dedicated to bringing you the latest in comedy) has listed me several times on their daily “Today’s Best Tweets” lists. No humblebrag here. Full-out blatant bragging going down! (Hey, what else do I have?)
- Announcing The Laughing With You Podcast!! What’s a podcast, you ask? Never heard of them? No one you know has one? That’s right, I’m ahead of my time yet AGAIN! (If you didn’t get the sarcasm, don’t bother listening. If you did, CHECK IT OUT!!)
- College News Says I’m Funny! Check out this article College News did on “The Funniest People You’re Not Following On Twitter”. They say I’m one of them…with the likes of some of today’s comedy greats? There must be a mistake.
- My Top 5 Featured on USA Today’s Pop Candy I was very honored to have a piece I wrote featured on USA Today’s Pop Candy website, and I give thanks to all the Pop Candy readers for such wonderful compliments on it!
The Blog That Nobody Will Ever Make A Movie About
- Meme Responsibly: Beyonce Vs. Queen My controversial article called “When The Internet Gets It Wrong”. The comments are the best part.
- Good Gaga, Charlie Brown My husband took me to see Lady Gaga. This is my story…
- Boo Bop Bopbop Bop: A Tribute To Charlie Callas
- Honnygate My counter-article to Redbook’s own lovely Alice Bradley’s piece on Hot Nannies
- It’s The Holidays…Let’s Get Dirty! That holiday party is fast approaching. Time to prepare for war with my Dirty Santa Survival Guide
- Top 5 Coolest Female Movie Characters I’d Marry If I Were a Guy Sometimes I imagine being a guy. This time, I’m a guy who’s interested in marrying unrealistically cool chicks.
- Fuck The Sign! After reading this inspirational blog, you’ll realize you’ve never felt so good about the “f” word.
- I am a Television Tard I know you think I’m cool, so this might be a bit of shock for you. You better sit down.
- A Blog About My Panties Oh yes…I have written a blog about my panties. Won’t you take a peek…
- Clap Fair Reform Sure the President got his silly health care issues passed, but what about the rampant clapping problem in this country?! Support my Bill now!!
- Things That Are Awesome! Has your 2010 been ho-hum so far? Looking for something awesome? Yep. You found it.
- Give Your Finger The Gift That Keeps On Giving The amazingly versatile Practice Finger! What is it? Good question.
- Going Backwards Before Going Forward: The Musical In honor of having lived through yet another decade, I take you through my small-yet-cherished vinyl collection. (The word “vinyl” makes it sound important and hip, huh? It’s not.)
- Haribo macht nicht Emily froh… One girl’s affair with a classic candy company.
- Birthday Contest Results Ever wonder what happened to that Birthday Contest I had in May? Did you submit a drawing? Who won? Find out!
- My First Ever Blog! Sure, I’m about 7 years behind the times and everyone has had a blog, dumped their blog and started back up on their blog already. I’m not really sure what I’m going to blog about…but it’s going to be VERY important. I can assure you.
Latest Published Pieces & Stories
- More published pieces coming soonI have written several published pieces since 6/2010…but have not had time to add them here. Soon and very soon…
- June/July 2010 edition of Nashville Paw Magazine: Posh Pet-Friendly Hotels An informative piece on some of the fanciest digs for you and furry in the US.
- Don’t Make Me Laugh A new chapter of Just Another Memoir is up!
- Just Another Memoir: Stories From A Girl Who Looks Like Someone You Know This is the title of the memoir I’ve been working on for years. I will be uploading the stories from the collection over the weeks to come for you cheapos!
- My Published WorksIt is here that I’ve compiled all the articles I’ve had published. Most are journalistic in nature (with a little bit of Emily flair), but these two are my favorite humor column pieces: